Monday, March 1, 2010

Upside down

Sometimes things look better when they're upside down. Remember when, as a child, you'd lie with your head hanging off the bed and look up at your mom or your sister or your dog? They'd look weird; their mouths large and distorted, their words even coming out upside down...but it always made you laugh?

When the minority wins the race, it feels right.
But it also feels right when the politician falls off his rung...
When the banker goes bankrupt...
When the underdog wins the medal...
When the world gets turned upside down, even just a little.

I think science has it all wrong; the world isn't round. Round suggests things are equal, fair, balanced.

I think it's a lopsided world, and it needs to be shaken up every now and then.

That's why, when my cat chases my dog, I cheer.

1 comment:

Anna said...

I loved this blog! My view today will be a little different...thanks.